chinnapapa

KJ Yesudas

36, 4th Cross Road, Valmiki Nagar,
Chennai 600 072. Tel: +44-24994843



kj yesudas is one of the popular carnatic music singer, his voice is like honey, he is a disciple of chemba baagavadar. Talking to The Hindu en route to Mookambika, Yesudas said his mission was to continue singing in praise of `Guruvayurappan.' "Experiencing the divine bliss of music and sharing it with millions of devotees who use it as a means of communion with the Almighty is perhaps my greatest achievement. I am trying to attain a state of contentment so that I can experience the presence of the Lord anywhere.



yesudas has sung so many cine songs in tamil, malayalam and he has also sung many devotional songs of the lord iyappa. While expressing his heartfelt gratitude to the efforts of Mr. Sudhakaran, Yesudas feels the Government need not frame legislation exclusively for him. "I and my family are thankful to the Minister. But a situation should evolve on its own when temple doors will open for all those who have boundless devotion for the Lord.



one of yesudas most beautiful song is arivarasanam sung for lord iyappa. The developments also reminded Yesudas of the last birthday of his guru, Chembai Vaidyanatha Bhagavathar, and the concert the duo gave before the Parthasarathy temple in Guruvayur. "During Ekadesi, my guru used to visit Guruvayur, offer pujas and render a concert as an offering. Since I was forced to keep off the confines of the temple, he too decided to stay out and we sang together before the Parthasarathy temple.



Jesudas remains faithful to Guru's words to this day and talks about it wherever possible. The Divine Grace of Guruvayurappan can be felt in no small measure here, too, he had said. Though I had said that my guru himself was the embodiment of the Lord, I was really pained, and that sorrow haunts me even now. But for me, my guru could have sung at the temple," Yesudas reminisced.




THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: Veteran singer K.J. Yesudas remains dispassionate to the renewed efforts by Devaswom Minister G. Sudhakaran who has written to Guruvayur Devaswom Board chairman Thottathil Ravindran, seeking entry for Yesudas to the Guruvayur Sree Krishna Temple.

BACK